Whether the roof on your house has recently been damaged or it has merely been years since you last had a new roof installed, it can be tempting to save money by doing the job yourself. This is not, however, usually a good idea. Unless you have professional experience as a roofing installer, using a professional contractor is the best choice.
If you’re still not convinced, you have definitely come to the right place. The remainder of this guide features several benefits that you won’t get without working with an expert. Reputable professional roofing contractors take pride in their jobs and will give you a fair, honest quote; you need to find the right person for your upcoming project.
- You may actually save money – Putting a roof on correctly involves a lot of tools and materials. Buying all of these tools could cost you hundreds, or even thousands, of dollars. You also won’t get a reduced rate on materials as most roofing contractors do. Furthermore, if you have to take time off work to do your DIY roof installation job, you may lose even more money. In the long run, working with a contractor is probably the more cost-effective option.
- High-quality materials will be used – If you were to install your new roof yourself, you would probably end up buying the cheapest materials available to save money. Professional contractors, though, have access to high-quality materials at reduced costs. They pass these savings along to their clients, ultimately allowing you to have a better roof than you could have afforded on your own.
- Professionals are experts – Most of the time, home renovation projects don’t go entirely as planned. If you ran into a problem putting your new roof on, you might not know exactly what to do to solve the issue. A professional roofing contractor with years of experience, however, will know precisely what steps to take. Knowing that you have an expert on the job will give you and your family peace of mind for the duration of the project.
- The job will get done faster – Although the professional roofing contractor you hire might not be able to start tomorrow, once he or she begins your job, it will be done sooner than you probably could have done it. Some roofing teams can do small houses in just one or two days!
- You won’t have to worry about getting hurt – Many do-it-yourselfers get hurt at some point in time. A roof, high above the ground, is undoubtedly not the best place to sustain an injury. By letting a professional roof contractor handle your job on your behalf, you won’t have to worry about your safety. Furthermore, good contractors carry insurance that protects you from liability if someone on their crew sustains wounds.
- A warranty may be available – When you do any remodeling or repair project yourself, any mistakes you have to correct later are 100% on you. Many professional roofing contractors, though, offer warranties for their work. This is great if your roof begins leaking within a few months or another issue arises. Check your preferred contractor’s warranty policy before you sign any paperwork.
If you’re a DIYer at heart, we know it can be hard to give up control of any project on your property. Rest assured, however, that we will give you and your family a great roof that you can rely on for many years to come. If you’re ready to hire a roofing contractor, give us a call to schedule a consultation. We’re excited to tackle your project.